Gloucestershire Minibus Scheme Lender Information
The Gloucestershire Minibus Scheme (GMS) enables minibus owners to loan their vehicle when it is not being used. The benefits of lending a minibus through GMS are:
- Financial Assistance – a contribution towards the running costs.
- Free driver training.
- Availability – allows the organisation to borrow another vehicle or utilise a replacement vehicle when their main vehicle is out of use.
- Community Links – strong ties with similar organisations will be forged and common aims achieved.
How to join Gloucestershire Minibus Scheme as a lender
All drivers that drive a minibus owned by another organisation need to register with GMS; this involves completing a driver registration and driver medical form. To join GMS you need to complete and send to us the following documents:
- Membership application form and charter (see downloads page)
- Driver application forms (see downloads page)
- Your organisation’s constitution and a copy of your latest accounts/financial statement (if applicable)
Lenders must also provide the following documents relating to the minibuses they wish to lend:
- Copies of latest MOT certificate, safety checks and annual service records. Proof of tail-lift checks must also be provided, if applicable.
- Copy of latest insurance certificate
You also need a Section 19 Permit.
Once we have processed the application, we will send your GMS membership details.